The App Studo, Studo Connect or MyUni ("App") is operated by Moshbit GmbH, A-8010 Graz, Joanneumring 3 ("we" or "us"). The protection of your personal data is of particular concern to us.
We therefore process your data exclusively on the basis of the legal regulations (GDPR, DSG, TKG 2003). In this declaration, we inform you in accordance with Art 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) about how we, as the person responsible for data protection, process your personal data in connection with this app.
1. Which data we process about you
In the course of your use of our app, we will collect the following information: the date and time you access the App, your IP address, system data on the device and operating system used, your telephone number and the information you provide us with in the App as a user and/or customer. When you log in to your universities via our App, the registration data is stored in a secure area locally on your device. You can delete this data yourself by logging out of the university in the app or uninstalling the app.
2. Cookies and browser data
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your device when you visit a website. Generally, cookies are used to provide users with additional functions on a website. For example, they can be used to make it easier for you to navigate a website, to allow you to continue to use a website where you left it and/or to save your preferences and settings when you return to the website. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your device.
The App is a browser, and accordingly web pages available on the Internet or closed intranet networks can be accessed. On the respective pages, the data protection conditions of the respective page called up apply, which can process and store cookies, interactions and browser data.
3. App usage analysis tool "adjust"
For evaluating the advertising of the app, we use a framework from Adjust GmbH, Saarbrücker Str. 37a, 10405 Berlin, Germany. In doing so, the "Advertising Identifier" ("IDFA", for iOS) or the "Advertising ID" (for Android) is used. These are unique, but non-personalized and non-permanent identification numbers for a specific end device, which are provided by iOS or Android. On our behalf, Adjust GmbH will use the "Advertising Identifier" or the "Advertising ID" to perform an evaluation of the advertising.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their processing. You can delete the "Advertising Identifier" or the "Advertising ID" at any time in the device settings ("Reset Ad ID"). A new identifier will then be created, which cannot be merged with the previously collected data.
4. Purposes of data processing
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with this App and to further improve and develop this App;
- to be able to create usage statistics;
- to detect, prevent and investigate attacks on our App;
- to respond to your requests;
- to be able to process the contract with you (to your complete satisfaction) (as well as to carry out pre-contractual measures);
- to provide the various App functionalities
5. Legal basis of the processing operation
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data are:
- our (predominant) legitimate interest (according to Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO), which consists in achieving the purposes mentioned above under point 3;
- your consent (pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit a DSGVO) within the scope of registration;
- the need to initiate and fulfil the contract (pursuant to Art 6 para. 1 b DSGVO)
6. Transfer of personal data in whole or in part to other persons/organisations
In the course of processing, your data will be transferred to the following recipients for the above-mentioned purposes: IT service providers used by us (processors); media partners (only transferred with prior consent when using certain app functionalities; if these functions are not used, no data will be transferred; the data categories transferred can be found in the respective declaration of consent); partner universities (only transferred with prior consent when using certain app functionalities; if these functions are not used, no data will be transferred; the data categories transferred can be found in the respective declaration of consent).
Some of the recipients mentioned above are located outside your country or process your personal data there. The level of data protection in other countries may not correspond to that of your country. However, we will only transfer your personal data to countries for which the EU Commission has decided that they have an adequate level of data protection or we will take measures to ensure that all recipients have an adequate level of data protection. For this purpose, we conclude standard contractual clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC), for example. These are available on request at email@example.com.
7. Duration of storage
We will store your data for a period of three 3 months. A longer storage is only carried out as far as this is necessary to investigate detected attacks on our app. If you register on our app, we will store your data for as long as your account exists and thereafter for only as long as legal obligations require. In case of a contract conclusion, all data from the contractual relationship will be stored until the end of the fiscal retention period (i.e. 7 years).
8. Your rights in connection with personal data
You are entitled, among other things,
- to check whether and which personal data we have stored about you and to receive copies of this data;
- to demand the correction, completion or deletion of your personal data which is incorrect or not processed in accordance with the law;
- require us to limit the processing of your personal data;
- require data transferability;
- object, under certain circumstances, to the processing of your personal data or withdraw the consent previously given for the processing;
- know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data is transferred; and
- to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (in Austria: the data protection authority) if you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in any way In this regard, we also refer you to the homepage of the data protection authority which can be accessed via the link https://www.dsb.gv.at.
9. Our contact details
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us:
A-8010 Graz, Joanneumring 3
43 664 8351081
Alternatively, you can also contact our data protection officer:
Data protection officer of Moshbit GmbH